Reasons to Write: It Can Save Your Brain!
Mashable has published an interesting article on handwriting. According to Dr Marc Seifer, a graphologist and handwriting expert, writing by hand has the following benefits (italics are mine):
- It has a calming effect. And really, who doesn't need that today?
- It coordinates the left brain and right brain.
- It boosts cognitive skills. Oh good; I need help!
- It inspires creativity.
- It sharpens aging minds.
- It improves memory. But what if you're writing things down as an alternative to actual memory?
- It uses more of your brain.
You can enjoy the article, complete with links, here.